Thursday, March 26, 2009

San Jose Museum of Art Warhol exhibit

The San Jose Museum of Art 110 South Market Street San Jose, CA 95113. After living in San Francisco it has been difficult to find many cultural things to do in San Jose. The San Jose Museum of art has become one of my favorite places to visit. The museum has a collection of West Cost artists of the 20th and 21st Century. It is located downtown next to the Fairmont Hotel. This area of downtown is the most charming section next to the Circle of Palms and Plaza de César Chavez Park. The museum cafe "Café Too!" is a great place for lunch after strolling around the museum. 

Today I went to the museum to check out the Prints of Andy Warhol exhibit. Having majored in Commercial Art and designing artwork for screen-printing, I was very inspired. All of his work consists of lithographs and screen prints on paper. The print I have included was my favorite piece "Flower" 1964. This print is an offset lithograph on paper. I love the bright colors and composition. I can see now how influential Warhol is to the Graphic design world. I highly recommend checking out the exhibit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment